Welcome To the Senior Men’s Club
An Affiliate of the Sewickley Valley YMCA
The Senior Men’s Club meets every Friday morning year-round, except for Fridays preceding national holidays. Coffee, doughnuts and socialization begin at 9:00 AM, and the meeting begins at 10:00 AM followed by our guest speaker. The meeting typically ends at 11:00 AM. YMCA membership is not required for attendance or membership in the Senior Men’s Club. The following activities / opportunities are offered to members:
- The SMC has earned a reputation for having good entertainment and informative speakers on various topics. Many well-known personalities return ever year. Below is a sampling pf some of our speakers.
- Dr. Cyril Wecht – Nationally known forensic pathologist
- Bob Walk – One-time Pirates pitcher and current AT&T Sports Radio & TV announcer
- Jim Leyland – Pirates Manager from 1986 to 1996, winner of two “Manager of the Year” awards
- Andy Russell – Linebacker who played his entire 12-year career with the Steelers
- Steve Blass – Former Pirates pitcher and AT&T Sports Radio & TV announcer
- Jim Roddey – Former Chief Executive of Allegheny County
- Cal Augustin – One of 98 pilots to fly the SR-71 “Blackbird”
- Doreen Welsh – Flight Attendant and crew member on US Airways Flt 1549 (“Miracle on the Hudson)
- And countless Others
- Community Service Volunteering – e.g. World Vision
- Golfing – Duffers and experts are welcome
- Lunch Bunch – Enjoy lunch after each meeting at local restaurants
- Picnic – Yearly couples picnic at Moon Park
- Christmas Party including entertainment and luncheon
- Baseball outing at PNC Park
- Occasional field trips to interesting places
Stop in on a Friday morning to sample on of our programs. Information on the club and a listing of upcoming speakers is available on the Sewickley YMCA web site and the SMC web site: https://smensclub.org
Sr. Men’s Club Picnic 2021Letter-From-John-Radcliffe
Periodically we become aware of members who have become ill or who have had surgery and are recovering.
The following link will allow members to identify those who are ill or who have had surgery.
|Preferred Method of Contact|
The following members have been added to the Outreach List and are not able to attend our regular weekly meetings. Any of the following outreach methods shown below would be appreciated.